A special thank you goes out to BIZ STAIN & ODOR ELIMINATOR for sponsoring this post about Tips To Teach Young Adults About Laundry Care. Opinions expressed are that of my own.
Pretty soon parents across the country are going to be seeing their children now Young Adults either off to college, to live on their own in an apartment, or transitioning to independence while still living at home.
A great piece of advice to pass onto these newly independent individuals, is how to maintain their clothes. Sharing knowledge about Laundry Care can save them money, as well as help them look their best as they set off in the world.
I have been introducing my kids to this responsibility for a while, and hope that by the time they are grown that I have passed on the best information.
Looking back at my own youth, I started to think of some of the mistakes I made with my own laundry. Plus to show how to keep within a budget, I also visited the local dollar store to pick up a few items that would be perfect for a dorm or small apartment like: basket, bucket, over the door hooks, hangers, lint brush, and mesh laundry bag.
After reflecting on all these ideas, I put together Tips To Teach Young Adults About Laundry Care!
– Treat stains as soon or as quickly as possible. I did this recently with a coffee stain and treated it with BIZ STAIN & ODOR ELIMINATOR . Imagine how many college bound kids spill their drinks burning the midnight oil for exams. Well I am happy to say the stain came out.
– Hang Towels up and squeeze out wash clothes to hang dry after use. This will help prevent sour smell, mildew, and the spots caused by it, while they wait to be washed.
– Check pockets for items before they enter the wash. This can save laundry from pen ink or inconvenience of missing a much needed receipt or cell phone.
– Separate colors from whites, and check again. (Personally I am terrible about this, but it only takes 1 red sock to turn an entire load pink)
– If you have undergarments, place them into a mesh bag. This will help avoid tangles in the wash. Plus this also comes in handy to keep socks together.
– Soak dingy socks in a bucket to help brighten whites. Adding a capful of BIZ STAIN & ODOR ELIMINATOR to a bucket of water, and then adding in dingy items is a great option. Biz has a great scent, and I usually soak items for a couple hours. Then wash with regular detergent.
BIZ STAIN & ODOR ELIMINATOR IS FULLY FORMULATED TO HANDLE ALL 4 TYPES OF STAINS including Protein Based, Ink-Dye Based, Dullness, and Granular Based. Simply add it along with your regular laundry detergent or use it to pre-treat.
Have you used BIZ STAIN & ODOR ELIMINATOR before? Any additional advice you have for young adults and Laundry Care?
Carlee @ LAAF
Thanks to BIZ, I have been authorized to give away 6 bottles of BIZ STAIN & ODOR ELIMINATOR to one (1) lucky Learning As A Family Reader, a $30 Value.*
To enter, please allow a moment for the Rafflecopter Form to load below.
* Participates must be 18 years or older to participate and live in the contiguous United States. Odds are based on the number of entries, and by participating, you agree to these terms and the laws set forth by your individual state. Entries will only be accepted through the Rafflecopter Form, and Learning As A Family is not responsible for disruption of the page or service which could cause problems with entering. The winner will be contacted through email (make sure you check your spam or junk mail) with the Subject line “Bottles of Biz Winner”. Shipping information, including email, phone, and address will be collected at that time. The winner has 48 hours to respond, after that an alternate will be chosen, and so on and so forth. Learning As A Family does not sell personal information. The prize will be fulfilled by the sponsor. Learning As A Family does not share information with 3rd parties unless specifically expressed in a specific promotion or giveaway. This giveaway is not associated, nor sponsored by Facebook.