I have to admit I was a pain when it came to oral care as a kid, and into early adulthood. Of course my past caught up to me eventually and after a few fillings and gum recession, I am now trying my best to maintain my teeth in their current state.
My hopes are that my children will avoid any of these issues, and I want brushing and flossing be a positive experience. A special thank you goes out to Plackers Flossers for sponsoring this post, opinions expressed are that of my own.
What inspired me to pull together Ways To Get Children Excited About Taking Care of Their Teeth, was my family receiving a package of Plackers Flossers and a Flosser Friend to store them in.
Plackers Flossers are made with different aged children in mind and are brightly colored with an angled head. This design allows kids and parents to easily reach all teeth. Created with Hi-Tech® floss this tool is engineered not to stretch, shred, or break, and includes fluoride to promote strong teeth and reducing tooth decay. FYI, the Flosser Friend is easy to open and clean, and comes pre-packaged with 30 dual grip kids’ flossers.
When my daughter saw the cute monkey and smelled the flossers, she tried to claim them for her own. However, I told her she could keep the container, but that she would have to share with us all.
These were simple for her to use, since our dentist had already showed her how floss. Needless to say, I don’t have to ask her to properly clean her teeth, she now wants to do it.
Looking for Ways To Get Children Excited About Taking Care of Their Teeth? Check out my suggestions below:
1. Sing songs with your children – Examples of this could be:
“This Is The Way We Brush Our Teeth -Brush Our Teeth- Brush Our Teeth, This Is The Way We Brush Our Teeth to make DENTIST happy ” to the tune of Here We Go Round The Mulberry Bush or
“Brush-Brush-Brush Your Teeth, Brush Until Their Clean, Rinse Your Mouth, and Floss between, and now smile back at me!” to the tune Row Row Row Your Boat
2. Choose great tasting products – This could be Kid Friendly Toothpaste as well as Plackers Flossers in Fruit Smoothie Swirl.
4. Give your child a special tooth brush or cup – Each of my kids have themed brushes with their favorite characters, their own rinsing cup, and as I mentioned before, my daughter totally bought into flossing once she had her special Flosser Friend.
5. Play Dental Games and Activities with your children – Plackers has a great resource of these at their Kids Club. I also put together a Pinterest Board with Craft Ideas called Motivating Kids To Take Care of Their Teeth.
Plackers new Fruit Smoothie Swirl Kids’ Flossers and the Flosser Friend are available at Wal-Mart stores nationwide and other retail stores such as Publix and Target.
Any other suggestions on how to get kids excited about taking care of their teeth?
To learn more about these innovative products for children, watch the video below!
I hope you find my Ways To Get Children Excited About Taking Care of Their Teeth helpful, and your family gets just as enthusiastic about flossing as my daughter is.
Carlee @ LAAF
And thanks to Plackers I have been authorized to give away a Flosser Friend a $5.99 Value to One (1) lucky Learning As A Family readers.*
To enter, please allow a moment for the Rafflecopter Form to load below.
* Participates must be 18 years or older to participate and live in the United States. Odds are based on the number of entries, and by participating, you agree to these terms and the laws set forth by your individual state. Entries will only be accepted through the Rafflecopter Form, and Learning As A Family is not responsible for disruption of the page or service which could cause problems with entering. The winner will be contacted through email (make sure you check your spam or junk mail) with the Subject line “Plackers Flossers Friend Winner”. Shipping information, including email, phone, and address will be collected at that time. The winner has 48 hours to respond, after that an alternate will be chosen, and so on and so forth. Learning As A Family does not sell personal information. The prize will be fulfilled by the PR Firm. Learning As A Family does not share information with 3rd parties unless specifically expressed in a specific promotion or giveaway. This giveaway is not associated, nor sponsored by Facebook.